How to make Easy Barley Chicken and Leek Soup Recipe
- 1 whole small chicken or several chicken thighs and legs
- 2 lb leeks
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thickly sliced
- 10 cups of chicken broth
- ½ cup pearl barley
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- Area poultry inside a big skillet that is strong slice half of the leeks and put all of them in cooking pan. Include the bay leaf, just a parsley that is little is sliced carrot and stock and provide a boil. Minimize heat and cover. Simmer lightly for about an full hour and half an hour. Skim off any excess fat on top of the pan occasionally during simmering.
- Put until slightly cooled and anxiety soups into another pan that is large. Discard all the chicken surface, limbs, and vegetables. Shred all the chicken meat and add to stock that is obvious. Put aside.
- Wash the pearl-barley and cook within a pan that is separate of h2o for around ten minutes. Rinse and empty when again. Incorporate the pearl barley to poultry and inventory and prepare more heat that is low about fifteen to twenty minutes or until barley is sensitive. Period with salt and pepper to taste.
- Provide in cozy meals and garnish with fresh parsley that is chopped.